Facebook recently announced an update of its Page Terms that makes it easier for salons to run promotions on their Facebook Page.
Here’s the low-down on the new rules…
So far, all promotions had to be administered through apps. The new Page Terms update allows salon owners to run a promotion either from their page, from an app, or by using both.
Here’s what you need to know in a few, easy points:
1. Promotions may be run on Page Timelines and in apps – Facebook removed the requirement that promotions have to be administered through apps only
– For example, businesses can now:
– Collect entries by having users post on the Page or comment/like a page post
– Collect entries by having users message the Page
– Utilize likes as a voting mechanism
2. Accurate tagging is required in promotions – Pages are now forbidden in tagging or encouraging people to tag themselves in content that doesn’t depict them.
So, for instance:
– It’s OK to ask people to submit names of a new product in exchange for a chance to win a prize
– It’s not OK to ask people to tag themselves in pictures of a new product in exchange for a chance to win a prize
3. Like and share competitions are still against the rules though…
You cannot ask people to share competitions. Facebook does not like peoples’ newsfeeds being clogged with competition content.
What’s the benefit of this update? Salon owners now have more chances to run promotions the best way for their business.
Have you ever used an app to run a promotion? Once upon a time, the only way to run a competition and keep within Facebook’s guidelines was to use a third party competition app.
Never heard of this? Don’t worry, we have a post coming soon. We will say this though, if you have been using one up until now… you can continue to do so, but you can also run it using the more old school and popular approach above.
Thanks for reading!
Giulia works in the marketing department of Phorest. If you have questions for Giulia about this post or Facebook in general, email firstname.lastname@example.org or leave a comment below. Many thanks for reading!
Why not request a demo of our salon software today? We can help you get more clients, back more often spending more!