Make the ask
Does your salon have an employee referral program? One of the best ways to attract experienced team members into your business is to simply ask the people on your team right now to think about beauty professionals they know who would fit your team’s vibe.
Your team building referral program action should look something like this:
- Make a decision on the reward.
- Craft a “now hiring” visual that is easy to share socially
- Make the ask of your team
Example: “We are looking to grow our team- do you know any beauty professionals who would fit well with our team?
Your challenge: We have referral incentives for our clients to send new clients. Why not have an incentive for stylists to refer stylists? Why stop at just asking your team? Ask your clients as well and reward them for a hire you make from their recommendation!
Review the ideas below and pick one or more that you’ll make your own. Most importantly, make the ask and offer something in return!
- Pay them a bonus for a lead that turns into an interview
- Pay them a bonus if you make the hire and they stay for a set period of time
- Ask your team to share your hiring now posts on their social accounts – especially Instagram
Further reading & resources: