Plug the revenue gap
Don’t let social distancing measures put a hole in your salon income. Instead, figure out what your H2 (second half of 2021) deficit might look like against your figures from 2019 (when the world hadn’t yet been affected by the pandemic). Then, plan to plug it with additional revenue from selling your retail stock online.
Your challenge: Gather your revenue numbers for June, July, August, September, October, November and December of 2019. Then, visit the “Post Lockdown Revenue Calculator” tool, fill out the 5 required fields and hit calculate (repeat for each month listed above).
Figures you’ll need to fill out the tool’s fields:
- Number of services you were doing weekly pre-lockdown (or pre-pandemic; for example, in June 2019)
- Average price per service pre-lockdown (or pre-pandemic; for example, in June 2019)
- Average retail revenue pre-lockdown (or pre-pandemic; for example, in June 2019)
- Number of expected services you will do weekly post-lockdown (for example, in June 2021)
- Average price per service post-lockdown (for example, in June 2021)
Adjust your team’s retail sales targets accordingly, and if you don’t already have one, start looking into building an online store for your salon.
If you are a Phorest client, you can get an Online Store that generates intelligent links for your clients, direct to their favourite products from their trusted salon professionals — built for you, personalised for them. Use the marketing suite to then stay in touch with your customers. Use the smart filtering and templates to create bespoke offers via SMS, email and share your browseable store on social media.
Learn more about Phorest’s Online Store feature here.
Further reading & resources: