* Role available in either Dublin, Ireland/Philadelphia, USA
Phorest powers 5,000 hair and beauty salons using our software in the UK, Ireland, Germany, Finland and the USA. Our aim is to capture 25% of the market globally – that’s one million salons and a billion dollar company.
Our system touches every point of the salon experience. We have the in-salon software desktop application, Phorest Go (the native staff application), online bookings website for salons, and custom native apps per salon. In a typical month, Phorest processes 3 million appointments and we send over 3 million SMS and 4 million emails. We process 400k online bookings per month and over 150 custom built white label native apps.
This role is for a creative digital copywriter who is ambitious and talented enough to take phorest.com and phorest.com/blog to the next level.
What you’ll do:
- Research topics and work write quality content on a daily basis for all English speaking markets (AUS/UK/IRL/USA)
- Own the messaging of the phorest.com website and work with devs and designers to help them implement their vision for the site
- Work with our content and social team to share insights, and work towards a team content calendar
- Report on traffic, conversions, subscribers and other key metrics for the Phorest blog
- Help with copywriting for specific campaigns such as salonretailweek.com
- Work hand-in-hand with social and community manager to promote all content going through the blog
- Design, optimise and report on personalised email newsletters for the Phorest blog content
- Edit and publish guest blog monthly contributions from coaches and consultants from the salon/spa industry
- Create top of funnel downloadable content such as cheat sheets, templates & marketing toolkits
- Offer proofreading support to other members of the team
- Create and own a blog content repurposing strategy
What you’ll need:
- A proven track record in creating digital content (2-3 years) and increasing traffic
- A basic knowledge of SEO
- Excellent writing & proofreading skills
- Ability to use email marketing tools such as Mailchimp, Hubspot etc.
- Quality & high standards really matter to us – the person needs to have excellent attention to detail and a methodological work process
- A collaborative spirit, being able to work comfortably in collaboration with contributors
- A data-driven approach to decision making and content creation
- A person who is always looking to improve
- A person who isn’t afraid to ask for help/advice when stuck on a problem
- A real team player that can take direct feedback and puts the salon owner, company and team before themselves – creativity but with a purpose 🙂
- The ability and desire to travel to events around the World and/or coordinate with other team members who are attending them to create content for you
- You must be a great writer and believe in it as a craft. You have a knack for short, punchy paragraphs, subject lines and blog posts that you are proud of
- Ability to work to tight deadlines and balance quality and quantity
- A good understanding of data to understand what real impact
- The ability to easily and quickly understand markets and audiences, who the key players are within them and how they work
- The ability to build relationships with influential people in the market
- Autonomous self-starter. You must own the growth, editorial vision of the blog and bring others on the team and internally on that journey
What you’ll get:
- The chance to work at one of Ireland’s fastest-growing tech companies
- The chance to work with other smart people
- Autonomy to guide and develop an internationally renowned content channel
- An entrepreneurial working environment. If you can make a case for a project that fits with our vision, you’ll likely be able to execute it
- Ability to enable hair and beauty salon owners worldwide to grow their business by getting their clients back more often, spending more and generating referrals
Phorest is an equal opportunities employer. Get in touch to ask for more information or to chat about your future with Phorest!
Please send your application including CV and cover note FAO Zoe & Jóhannes at firstname.lastname@example.org.