Phorest powers almost 5,000 hair and beauty salons using our software in the UK, Ireland, Germany, Finland and the USA. Our aim is to capture 25% of the market globally – that’s one million salons and a billion dollar company.
Our system touches every point of the salon experience. We have the in-salon software desktop application, Phorest Go (the native staff application), online bookings website for salons, and custom native apps per salon. In a typical month, Phorest processes 3 million appointments and we send over 3 million SMS and 4 million emails. We process 400k online bookings per month and over 150 custom built white label native apps.
This senior role is ideal for an experienced data-driven digital marketer with a proven track of building high-performing international digital marketing teams.
Please note that this role can be held from either Dublin, Ireland or Philadelphia, USA.
What Success Looks Like in This Role in 6 Months
You will have a happy, productive team that is continually exceeding targets and driving phenomenal customer acquisition levels through a high output of quality content.
What You’ll Do:
- Manage and lead an award-winning content and social media team
- Create targets, OKRs and work with the team to accomplish them. You are ultimately responsible for the ROI and growth of our content and social channels
- Craft and own the strategy that propels Phorest to achieving its annual sales and lead targets
- Ensure the content team is working together in alignment towards one message and vision and executing campaigns on time, and to a high quality
- Mentor and motivate each team member on how to get to the next level in terms of output, quality, new channel development and understanding the impact of their work (owning the metrics)
- Work with the team to drive the growth of our podcast, ebooks, campaigns, blogs and social platforms (among others) to build the best media channels for salon owners globally
- Work closely with our demand gen and SEO specialists, designer and marketing developer to increase traffic and conversions from content
- Support our product and grow teams (grow team is the team that upsells new products to customers) with great content for the product and offers
What you’ll need:
- A proven track record (5+ years) in managing high-performing creative and digital marketing teams
- Empathy: the best way to hit the numbers is to be about the people who achieve them
- Leadership: the ability to have hard conversations around performance and company values sooner rather than later. Empathy is not about being liked, but it is about being fair. People deserve to hear the good, the bad and the ugly
- Experience in managing budgets, ambitious KPIs and OKRs (or similar)
- A love of data. In a fast-scaling company, you cannot be everywhere, all of the time. You need to have the skillset to identify what levers need to be pulled to drive traffic, conversions and lead generation
- Thick-skin. We have a truly phenomenal content team, with bold ideas, big vision and high performance. You need to be able to guide them, have debates and let them own ideas while giving them the benchmark in terms of what’s best for Phorest and accordance to our values. The client before the company, the company before the team, and the team before yourself
- An obsession with human digital behaviour and social/digital trends
- Flexibility and ability to work with autonomy and ambiguity
- A desire to break targets and really own your area. This is a senior position
- Good technical marketing knowledge and ability to speak the language of designers and devs
- A natural curiosity to understand the product and other parts of the business and a talent for getting senior management buy-in through building relationships
- Management: ability to do effective one-to-ones; hire; performance manage; set KPIs, goals etc. and the experience and gravitas to get buy-in
- Leadership: you get a sense of pride and fulfillment from watching others achieve their goals
- Data: if it can’t be proven, it didn’t happen. You love finding out the real ROI of your team’s efforts
- A thorough understanding of social media, blogging, podcasting, CRM (e.g. Hubspot) and how to build brand and generate leads online
- Reporting: you believe in frequent reporting, with data that matters
Phorest has three values that all employees live by. We interview to ensure all hires naturally fit with them:
- Can do Attitude (this is a bias for action)
- Serbhis go Hiontach (client before the
- Growth Mindset
Phorest is an equal opportunities employer. Get in touch to ask for more information or to chat about your future with Phorest!
Please send your application including CV and cover note FAO Connor at connor.keppel(at)phorest.com