*Remote position based in UK – regular travel required
Phorest powers over 4,500 hair and beauty salons using our software in the UK, Ireland, Australia Germany, Finland and the USA. Our aim is to capture 25% of the market globally – that’s one million salons and a billion dollar company.
Our system touches every point of the salon experience. We have the in-salon software desktop application, Phorest Go (the native staff application), online bookings website for salons, and custom native apps per salon. In a typical month, Phorest processes 3 million appointments and we send over 3 million SMS and 4 million emails. We process 200k online bookings per month and over 150 custom built white label native apps.
We’re on a mission to find someone special. Someone who knows how to turn brand advocacy into bottom-line by hosting great events and executing on media and sponsorship opportunities. This job requires travel worldwide.
What you’ll do:
Phorest is a thought leader in the industry and as part of our strategy we invest a lot of time in creating unique and interesting events and PR opportunities.
This position is the first marketing hire in the UK market and requires someone to be a real self-starter, that doesn’t just follow a plan, but creates, owns and executes it.
You will be in charge of
- Creation and execution of PR/Events plan for UK & Ireland.
- Organisation and running of internal and external events
- Coordinate of all event administration & logistics (e.g. sponsorship of events; tradeshows and our events like The Salon Owners Summit)
- Preparation of event eshots, marketing emails and materials
- Researching, writing and distributing press releases to targeted media
- Monitoring the industry and non-industry media, including magazines, social media sites and blogs
- Further building the Phorest brand in UK/Irl and creating brand awareness in Australia
What you’ll need:
- A proven track record (2-3 years experience) in events, PR or similar role
- Honed time management skills and organisation skills
- Ability to build relationships with a high performing sales team & key industry stakeholders
- An innate curiosity of what is happening and the who’s who of an industry
- Excellent presentation, written and verbal communication skills
- Rigorous attention to detail
- The ability to motivate others to move beyond their comfort zone and hop on stage, in front of a camera and or on a call with journalists and influencers
- The ability to work with and for ambitious and determined sales and marketing people
- The attitude and aptitude to pack up and head on a flight for two weeks to a new market or another country to attend and help set up events
What you’ll get:
- The opportunity to own and develop our events, sponsorship and PR plan for one of Ireland’s fastest growing tech companies in Australia, Ireland and the UK
- The chance to work with other smart people who will push you out of your comfort zone
- Autonomy to guide and develop an international brand
- An entrepreneurial working environment. If you can make a case for a project that fits with our vision, you’ll likely be able to execute it
- Ability to enable hair and beauty salon owners worldwide to grow their business by getting their clients back more often, spending more and generating referrals
Phorest is an equal opportunities employer. Get in touch to ask for more information or to chat about your future with Phorest!
Please send your application including CV and cover note FAO Connor or Sinead at email@example.com.