Phorest powers over 5,000 hair and beauty salons using our software in the UK, Ireland, Germany, Finland, the USA and Australia. Our aim is to capture 25% of the market globally – that’s one million salons and a billion dollar company. Our marketing team are the driving force behind achieving this target. We believe that content is king and that the best way to attract new salons is by driving demand through the creation of engaging and informative content that will help them to grow their business.
We are looking for a web developer who can partner with our marketing, design and product teams, as well content creators from other areas of the business. In this role you will be given the opportunity to produce highly visible content platforms, using a variety of technologies, in order to significantly impact the success of our company.
In this role you’ll get to:
- Design, build and maintain engaging websites, landing pages, mobile apps and other creative marketing tools
- Work with our product owners and designers to ensure everything we build is both elegant and has significant business impact
- Understand our business context deeply and leverage your engineering knowledge to come up with creative solutions to problems
- Work with our lead generation team to identify opportunities to optimise our websites for SEO
- Collaborate with and influence our content creators in order to come up with creative ideas for projects, which you will deliver from start to finish
- Never stop learning, pursue the latest technologies, seek the best solutions. Always look to improve.
- Work in a small, nimble environment where you are constantly learning and iterating on your work
We’re looking for someone who:
- Is self organizing with a strong attention to detail
- Has a willingness to continually improve and learn new things
- Has moderate experience with PHP
- Is experienced developing on WordPress, including writing custom plugins and themes
- Ideally is familiar with native mobile development in some capacity
- Wants to own the work they produce, from the initial design and development to deployment and maintenance
- Produces high quality, clean and maintainable code and understands the benefits of doing so
Phorest is an equal opportunities employer. For this position, flexi-time and working from home is possible – get in touch to ask for more information or to chat about your future with Phorest!
Please send your application including CV and cover note FAO Paul at paul.dailly(at)phorest.com