Phorest powers over 3,500 hair and beauty salons using our software in the UK, Ireland, Germany, Finland and the USA. Our aim is to capture 25% of the market globally – that’s one million salons and a billion dollar company.
We are growing fast and would like to add a new member to the team. As the finance team in a tech company we aim to be at the cutting edge of thought leadership in SaaS financial metrics. Our articles on the subject can be found at https://nothingventured.rocks/ together with other interesting articles on the company values and ethos. See our employee reviews on Glassdoor – Phorest Salon Software Reviews.
With our rapid expansion into new territories like the US and Australian markets, Phorest’s business is growing fast. This creates a whole host of challenges like multi territory reporting and taxation, together with exciting new revenue challenges and opportunities.
We need a very smart, driven, ambitious person with the determination to succeed, to be part of the finance function in the company.
You will report directly to the CFO, and your role will encompass:
- Preparing the monthly management accounts, and related Board reporting pack. Having the technical ability to produce a set of financial statements from end to end is a key requirement.
- Manage and monitor company cash flow on an ongoing basis.
- Production of the annual budget, and its ongoing financial oversight.
- Assist with detailed future forecasting.
- Management of the annual audit.
- Management, review and improvement of all accounting and taxation processes and systems within the company.
- Working with the CFO on sourcing new finance for the company.
- Processing the monthly payroll and pension schemes administration.
- Ad hoc financial reporting.
- Dealing with the various stakeholders in the business on a regular basis.
As a cloud software provider, we track the key SaaS metrics that are relevant to our business on an ongoing basis. Our move into the US and Australian market also opens up new challenges around taxation, and revenue opportunities that need to be fully understood and fleshed out. As part of the role the candidate would be required to gain a strong understanding and expertise in these areas.
You need to be able to produce reports to a high standard, and be able to present to a variety of stakeholders.
- You think like a founder and take ownership of your role.
- Quality & high standards really matter to us – You love improving things and always question the way things are being done with the hope of finding new ways of doing it better.
- You love to mentor and lead your colleagues.
- You strive for excellence in everything you do.
- You possess great inter-personal skills.
- You possess great presentation and oral skills.
- Have a positive, can do attitude and always willing to go the extra step to hit deadlines.
- You have fanatical attention to detail.
- An autonomous personality – ability to work alone and take initiative to get the job done. Especially important in a fast paced company like Phorest.
- Assertive, persuasive and resilient.
- Quick and adaptable, you can think on your feet – being able to juggle a few things at once is imperative for this role.
- Our clients and our inter-team relationships are our biggest asset. You therefore need to be a real people person.
- You are flexible and you understand that working after hours, on the weekend or on a bank holiday is sometimes required to get the job done.
- Somebody who is looking for a career, not just a job.
Experience and Skills
- Fully qualified financial accountant – ACA/ACCA preferable.
- At least 2 years industry experience (Tech industry experience preferable).
- Fundraising experience an advantage.
- Excellent report writing and oral skills.
- Advanced excel skills (financial modelling skills an advantage).