Phorest powers over 3,800 hair and beauty salons using our software in the UK, Ireland, Germany, Finland and the USA. Our aim is to capture 25% of the market globally – that’s one million salons and a billion dollar company.
Our system touches every point of the salon experience. We have the in-salon software desktop application, Phorest Go (the native staff application), online bookings website for salons, and custom native apps per salon. In a typical month Phorest processes 3 million appointments and we send over 3 million SMS and 4 million emails. We process 200k online bookings per month and over 150 custom built white label native apps.
We are growing fast and would like to add a new member to the team. You will join a small group of highly skilled engineers in building exciting new features and extending our platform.
Given that we are a small team of 9 engineers you will have autonomy and control to shape our product vision without bureaucracy or politics. You will be a key member in a multi-disciplinary team, designing and building the future of our multi-tenant SAAS platform.
Whether we are kicking off a big project or moving a legacy native application to web, you will be defining, user testing, architecting, building, testing and shipping this product.
- Love building beautiful user interfaces
- Architect/implement/recommend new software component designs or enhancements to existing software product and leads in the implementation of platform components
- Will work with our product designers and owners to turn high level requirements into user stories and shippable features
- Will focus on continually applying high coding standards, excellent attention to detail and a methodological work process – Quality & high standards really matter to us
- Demonstrate proper coding techniques including maintainability, reuse, clean code, unit testing and driving standards within the team
- Develop automated unit tests and acceptance tests to ensure software meets design criteria
- Never stop learning, pursue latest technologies, seek best solutions – always looking to improve
- Coach and help teammates through code reviews and whiteboarding sessions
- Get involved at a team level on designing and implementing solutions
- Challenge the norm and aren’t afraid to voice your opinion
- Familiarity with design patterns
- Comfortable with CSS including flexbox, grid, and transitions
- Experience with design systems and style guides
- Ability to work within teams using Source Control Management tools, like git. Working with pull requests, hotfixes and various branching strategies
- Ability to inspire and motivate, to improve quality and productivity, maintaining technical innovation and excellence
- Discipline and appreciation of working with TDD/ CI processes
- A knack for writing testable, maintainable code – and then testing it
- Experience designing distributed services which can communicate in a fault-tolerant manner using both RESTful and message driven APIs
- Experience working in scrum environment
- Server side development experience desirable (but not a prerequisite)
- Electron experience desirable (but not a prerequisite)
Please send a CV and a note on your application FAO John Doran to firstname.lastname@example.org