We’re on a mission to find someone special. Somebody who takes charge and abides by the mantra of “If you want something done right, do it yourself!”.
Phorest Salon Software is a rapidly expanding Irish-owned software company that supplies appointment, point-of-sale and marketing software to almost 4,000 salons in Ireland, the UK, USA, Germany and Finland.
With a great growth rate and a workforce of over 130 people, Phorest is a true Irish tech success story.
But, we have a problem… and you may be just the person to help us solve it.
We need a First Impressions Team Lead to cover maternity leave
With our rapid expansion into new territories like the US, Phorest’s workforce is growing fast. This creates a whole host of challenges in the office from lunch cover on reception, to courier deliveries in the US. We need a driven, organised person with the determination to succeed.
In a nutshell, your role is to manage the operations of our busy office and to ensure that reception and everybody on our marketing, operations, sales, finance, development and recurring revenue teams have everything they need to succeed at what they do on a daily basis.
You will report to the Marketing Manager during this maternity cover.
- Manage a team of 4/5 receptionists both in Dublin & the US
- Ensure no calls are dropped (voicemail is the ENEMY) and that every client gets a friendly, rapid and helpful response. We call it ‘Serbhis go Hiontach’ (the Irish for excellence in service)
- Ensure all processes on reception are water-tight and that everyone knows who is doing what, when and why and that time is efficiently managed
- You will also take incoming phone calls daily and cover receptionists who are on annual leave
- Conducting 1-1’s with the team, holding department meetings etc
- Managing deliveries; ensuring they get to the right teams (across our territories) and that they are tracked
- Stock takes on hardware
- Helping teams with admin overflow and digging out with your team
- Taking minutes of important meetings and sending clear actions to everyone after each meeting
- Dealing with plumbers, builders and other people who solve our maintenance issues
- Developing relationships with suppliers such as stationery suppliers and maintenance people and finding the most cost-effective way to get the job done
- Coming up with new ideas to improve the working environment and helping ensure we have a creative, fun and productive work environment that is key to the Phorest culture
- Managing/maintaining Health & Safety in the office
- Ensure cleaners are doing a good job and that the kitchen is stocked.
- Patient, but firm, you strive for excellence and know how to motivate others to buy into your vision
- You thrive on autonomy and you love taking charge
- You verge on obsessive-compulsive, have fanatical attention to detail and believe there is only one way to do a job – your way i.e. the right way
- You are flexible and you understand that working after hours, on the weekend or on a bank holiday is sometimes required to get the job done
- This goes without saying: you’re renowned for reliability and a great work-ethic
- You love improving things and always question the way things are being done with the hope of finding new ways of doing it better
Experience and Skills
- You have a minimum of three years experience as an office manager, office assistant or similar role
- You must have experience managing people and a reception type environment
- You are highly proficient in Word, PowerPoint, Excel and other office related programs and a fast learner on new technologies
- You have had influence or have been part of a customer-facing team and have a deep understanding and belief that the customer is always right
Please send a CV and cover letter to Sarah at firstname.lastname@example.org