WHO WE ARE:
Phorest Salon Software is a rapidly scaling, global SaaS company with our HQ in Dublin. We operate in Ireland and the UK (where we are the No.1 salon software provider), Finland, Germany, the USA and, most recently, Australia. We are growing quickly in terms of people and revenue and have set ourselves a target to dramatically increase salons using our software over the next 3 years.
We are not corporate – we highly value and nurture our independent and entrepreneurial spirit. Great people, rigorous recruitment processes, and sheer hard work have got us to where we are now. However, as we scale internationally, we must provide a more cohesive people function to put structure (but not stuffiness!) in place. We need more robust systems, benefit schemes and L&D, more consistent PDP’s and review processes as well as clear HR advice and policies.
This is a brand new role which, while based in Dublin, will also deal with our international team across all regions. Having just reached 150 employees we see this as an important next step. We want to introduce the benefits of having an HR type function without all the corporate baggage that this often entails. The person we are looking for will be a well-qualified, senior HR/People professional, with a minimum of 5 years relevant experience post qualification ready to relish the opportunity to develop and create this role in what will be a fast growing environment, whilst sharing and demonstrating a real commitment to our 3 founding values:
Serbhis go Hiontach, Can do attitude, Growth.
This new role sits in our new People and Education team, specifically on the employee side of the business. Phorest’s first People Ops Advisor will be your one initial direct report but this team is likely to grow quickly. The successful candidate will have a close relationship working with Phorest’s Head of People & Education.
- Identify and manage our HRIS to streamline people functions such as 360 reviews, performance management tools etc
- Lead the way on Culture and Value initiatives, advising on contemporary ideas and benefits to motivate and reward employees
- Research and implement a contemporary benefits programme
- Report on and impact Organisational behaviour, providing data and change management
- Provide an ear for employees and Leaders alike through implementing and managing our Employee Relations function bringing knowledge of employment law and policies
- Support Recruitment and drive initiatives to promote Phorest as a great employer – inside and outside tech circles
- Help develop the internal People Training and Development strategy: finding suppliers, organising an education calendar and overseeing the successful implementation of agreed modules and activities. This will include managing a ‘Trainee’ programme or academy to help us identify, develop and grow future ‘A’ players as part of our commitment to ‘growing our own timber’
- Are resourceful and self-directed; this role requires a highly competent and driven individual to get the ball rolling quickly
- Have a deep knowledge of and high level of experience with HR processes and employment law with the ability to provide HR support and consultation to the business on the highest complexity issues
- Are a thought leader on organizational and people-related strategy and execution
- Are an accomplished trainer and facilitator
- Have immense coaching skills. Having successfully coached and influenced individual contributors and managers is a must for this position
- Are a true leader and skilled communicator with the ability to form sound relationships across all levels of the organisation from employee to board member to drive organisational change
- Are technically skilled; able to produce spreadsheets, systems, measure and report data, etc. Use of Google Drive, Bamboo, Gainsight, LMS etc will be a distinct advantage
- Recognised HR qualification (CIPD accredited)
- Minimum of 5 years in HR Senior Leadership, ideally with robust experience of both HRM and Training roles
- Preference will be given to candidates experienced in setting up new HR teams
- A combination of HR experience in the following areas: Organizational design, succession planning, performance management, diversity and inclusion, business consulting, compensation and rewards, recognition programs, culture keeper, employee engagement, coaching and development, Talent management, conflict resolution, talent acquisition, data analysis, and employee relations.
- Prior time working in technology/ SaaS companies valued
- Evidence of successful use of data and systems to help implement organizational change in line with business priorities
Please send a CV and cover letter to our Head of People & Education Melanie Icke: email@example.com