About Phorest Salon Software
Phorest Salon Software powers hair and beauty salons globally. With a team of over 130 people, we are a continuously growing SaaS business.
Our aim is to capture 25% of the market globally – that’s one million salons and a billion dollar company. This means lots of opportunities for career progression for the right candidate and if you understand the concept of “you get out of it, what you put into it”, you’ll thrive in our fast-paced and team-focused environment.
Social Media & Community Manager
For over 10 years, we have been building and nurturing fans & followers on our varied social media platforms.
This task has so far been the responsibility (and privilege) of the blog and content team. But it is now time to expand the scope of what we do on social media and craft a brand new role: The Social Media & Community Manager.
We truly believe that we are only scratching the surface of what we can do on social media. And with this new role, we envision a candidate who will have the opportunity to be a little more hands-on, a little more active and a little more social, with social media.
The role will be an even mix of coming up with and running original paid advertisement campaigns across multiple territories, sharing blog posts, videos, podcasts, news and updates with hardworking, passionate salon owners and professionals, as well as putting boots to the street, getting out there and engaging with our audience in person, connecting in real life as much as digitally!
If there is an awards ceremony celebrating successful salon owners, then our Social Media & Community Manager should be there to capture the magic.
At the same time, if there is a Facebook group where salon owners are asking the community important questions about their business, then our Social Media & Community Manager should be there to lend assistance and advice.
And all throughout these opportunities, the Social Media & Community Manager delivers our varied content to the tailored, custom audiences with precision and care, growing our client and fanbase each and every month!
Surprise and delight is the name of the game. With the right candidate, we will transform our social pages into the premier voice of the industry. And we will achieve this because we will become the premier listeners in the industry.
How you can help
- Continuously develop new content ideas and strategies that will engage, educate and entertain hair and beauty professionals
- Run paid advertisement campaigns on differents channels to increase and support our organic reach
- Create and manage social and event content calendar – in conjunction with the Content Team
- Discover and attend hair and beauty events that can connect Phorest with the targeted audience
- Respond enthusiastically and immediately to social queries, comments and direct messages
- Build fully-realised analytics dashboard to track and monitor performance on all points of communication through social, ensuring that key results are reached
- Seek out new, original lead opportunities both online and off
- Ensure all social media content complies with all published policies, procedures and any legal and regulatory requirements that the company is obliged to adhere to
- Monitor rapidly evolving social media landscape and trends for opportunities
What skills you need
- At least 5 years of practical, provable experience with social media marketing and advertising, with an exceptional understanding of digital channels (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn, Pinterest, etc.) and platforms – for content amplification
- Excellent communications skills matched with an outgoing, energetic personality that can be conveyed through video, audio and writing (Corporate Jargon is not welcome in these hallowed halls)
- Expert level attention to detail, proofreading, pristine grammar, fact-checking and research skills
- Experience in analysing key social metrics and methods, and understand how to use data to improve performance
- Experience in social media listening to foresee trends and capitalise on what is getting traction
- Skilled in video, audio and multimedia formats
- A keen interest and passion for the hair and beauty industry
- A passion and openness to travel
- You thrive in a fast-paced environment, prioritising deadlines and are self-directing without compromising the quality of your output
Please submit your CV/Resume, Cover Letter and any assets you’ve produced in the past that you think might help us envision you in this role (screenshots are totally accepted) to email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org. The cover letter is important. Use this space to talk about yourself and this role. This is your opportunity to let us know who you are. Don’t just reiterate the CV. And we can smell copy and paste from a mile away 😉