Our mission is to help salon owners grow their business. We are a SAAS company that powers over 4,000 hair and beauty salons using our software in the UK, Ireland, Germany, Finland and the USA. Our aim is to capture 25% of the market globally – that’s one million salons and a billion dollar company.
Our system touches every point of the salon experience. We have the in-salon software desktop application, Phorest Go (the native staff application), online bookings website for salons, and custom native apps per salon. In a typical month, Phorest processes 3 million appointments and we send over 3 million SMS and 4 million emails. We process 200k online bookings per month and over 150 custom built white label native apps.
We are growing rapidly and would like to give someone the opportunity to get exposure to the software industry through a software engineering internship for an 8-12 week period in our Dublin office.
This role is ideal for a technical person looking for their break to get into software development, it would be a perfect fit for a recent graduate in the computer science field or someone who is undertaking a degree.
You will join a small group of highly skilled engineers who will be there to help you learn the craft of software engineering. You will be exposed to the highest standard of industry practices and learn from highly experienced professionals.
As an intern in the team, we will show you how modern product development teams work and give you the foundations for starting your career in software engineering. From there you will be given tasks and areas of the system to work on, this could range from internal tools, testing and automation, features in the product and proof of concepts/R&D.
The type of person we want
- Someone with a drive to learn and master a career in software development.
- Quality & high standards really matter to us – the person needs to have excellent attention to detail and a methodological work process.
- Someone willing to learn and continually demonstrate proper coding techniques including maintainability, reuse, clean code, unit testing.
- Someone who will try to solve a problem in the best and most optimal way.
- A person who is always looking to improve.
- A person who isn’t afraid to ask for help/advice when stuck on a problem.
- We want someone who has moderate skills in object-oriented software design, for example, Java, Groovy, Ruby.
- Technically capable of writing and analysing code.
- Shows an aptitude for doing own projects and problem-solving using programming.
- Has (or is undertaking) a third level qualification in the IT discipline.
- Has Database experience – familiar with relational structures and queries.
Please send your CV plus cover email to John Doran: email@example.com