Phorest Salon Software is a rapidly scaling global salon booking software company with our HQ in Dublin. We operate in Ireland and the UK (where we are the No.1 salon software provider), Finland, Germany, the USA and, most recently, Australia. We are growing quickly in terms of people and revenue and have set ourselves a target to dramatically increase salons using our software over the next 3 years. We are not corporate – we highly value and nurture our independent and entrepreneurial spirit. Great people, rigorous recruitment processes, and sheer hard work have got us to where we are now.
Working from our head office in Dublin you will work as part of our small team of trainers providing training support to our client base within Ireland, UK and USA. Ensuring new clients are ready to use Phorest Software, through education and support, once their software has been installed.
Training in our software is delivered through online training via a live phone link so that clients are able to view the training on their screen whilst speaking with a trainer. It is highly interactive and covers a range of topics designed to make using our systems easy and impactful. Experienced trainers also deliver classroom workshops.
A trainer will deliver 5 or 6 training sessions each day, from basic appointment booking and systems skills to email and SMS marketing, and is responsible for booking the training, setting up the calls, and ensuring our clients get connected easily and quickly.
The role is all about delivering first class online and classroom training with salon professionals on topics ranging from basic training on Phorest software to advanced marketing and social media training.
- Planning and Organisation
- Learning about the client before the call
- Preparing any training materials
- Sending out docs/emails/joining links
- Maintaining training calendar
- Planning effective and timely follow up after training Facilitation
- Using questioning techniques to understand clients needs/ability/motivation
- Uses voice and materials to maintain interest and variety
- Encouraging style to ensure high levels of engagement
- Listening skills to understand and read the remote client
- Ability to give training content client specific context
- Relates to business objectives and growth
- Ability to build rapport and overcome anxiety or objections
- Adapt to a variety of learning styles and personalities Technical skills
- Some experience in computer systems
- Ability to learn the Phorest system in depth
- Email, online calendars etc
- Experience of the Salon/beauty industry would be a distinct advantage, understanding the salon environment is so important
- Training qualifications or experience strongly preferred but not essential. We would be very interested in hearing from people with excellent data organisation, experienced using spreadsheets etc
Please send a CV to Helen at email@example.com with full work history and a covering letter detailing why you would be suitable for this role along with full salary details. References will be required.