Recognise areas of hard work, effort and achievement.
According to research, 94% of stylists want to work somewhere with goals. Do you know what goals your team members are achieving?
*Source: talentmatch.biz, 2021
Your challenge: Everyone likes to know that their leadership thinks they are doing a good job. Take the time today to have a look at your team members’ individual performance strengths using the PhorestGo app or any other KPI reporting system you use in your business. See where each team member is exceeding a benchmark, experiencing growth, or showing strong potential.
Then, recognise and celebrate their success by:
- giving them a high five,
- sending them a text,
- crafting a group Facebook post,
- or inviting them for a coffee.
Whatever you choose to do, let your staff know you see the hard work they are putting in. As Johann Wolfgang von Goethe once said: “Correction does much, but encouragement does more.” If your team is big, divide and conquer by sharing this responsibility with other leaders on your team.
Further reading & resources:
- Podcast episode, Phorest FM S03E119
- Podcast episode, Phorest FM S04E151
- Podcast episode, Phorest FM S05E195
- Podcast episode, Phorest FM S05E196
- On-demand webinar, Unleash Peak Performance: Your 5-Step Leadership Blueprint
- Blog article, Empower Teams & Drive Results With Phorest’s New Staff Performance Tool
- Blog article, Don’t Build Teams, Build Individuals
- Blog article, The Better Choices Better Leaders Make: Expectations vs Agreements