By definition, IGTV is a standalone app that allows long-form video content to be published on Instagram (although basic functionality is also available within the Instagram app and website). And unlike Instagram Stories, videos posted through IGTV don’t disappear after 24 hours.
Listen to the audio version of this blog, and subscribe to the Phorest Blog Podcast here:
With the likelihood of IGTV’s growth over the coming years, now is a great time to experiment with various types of content that could attract the right kind of clients to your salon or spa. But before we move on to 15 fresh ideas that can hopefully inspire you to create your first long-form video, let’s highlight a few more things you should know.
1. Try out different video lengths
Don’t give yourself a rigid rule to follow when you start posting videos. You’ll be able to check your video analytics within IGTV and see which ones perform best over time. There are all sorts of video lengths within the app (up to an hour), so don’t feel restricted.
2. Make your cover attractive and fun
Edit a photo in Canva to add text or maybe your salon’s logo. Just make sure that your cover photo has a 9:16 ratio, so it fits into the screen. This means that the height of the picture should be almost two times the width.
3. Your IGTV video descriptions can contain a link
Not all of your viewers might know that, so in your video, be sure to tell them to “click the link in the description.”
15 Titles & Ideas For Your Salon/Spa’s IGTV Video Content
- Beauty waves in just 5 minutes
- This is how you should cleanse your lash extensions!
- My nightly skin routine… Can you relate?
- See exactly which products we use for our signature facial!
- My newest obsession… this coffee scrub!
- Olaplex on icy blonde hair: see how we use it!
- The five myths that most people have about acne
- What I’ve learned about being a mom and an entrepreneur
- Beauty tip for your next event
Spotlight on your salon
- In-depth salon tour & behind the scenes of City Salon, NYC
- City Salon just got a fresh revamp: take the tour!
- Watch us do a lash lift and tint!
Spotlight on your team
- Interview with our newest skin therapist Amanda
- Watch behind the scenes of our annual Summer party!
- Jessica’s favourite extension method for a flawless look
When it comes to social media in general, it can be quite easy to get lost in the various platform etiquettes. On IGTV, simply remember to educate, inspire, entertain… and have fun!
Got feedback or want to learn more about salon marketing? Let us know either in the comments below or tweet us @ThePhorestWord! (Pssst! We’re on Instagram too!)
Thanks for reading! #LetsGrow