Now that 2017 has officially kicked off, you’re probably thinking “out with the old, in with the new.” Don’t just yet! Before waving goodbye to 2016, I urge you to review your 2016 marketing strategy. This kind of retrospective will give you the massive insights you need to create and focus on a plan for this year. After all, a goal without a solid plan is just a resolution you never had the intention of keeping to begin with. In this article, you will find the main questions to review and evaluate your salon marketing efforts, ensuring 2017 is your best year yet.
Reviewing 5 Key Areas Of Your Business
- What words and emotions do clients associate with your salon? Are they in line with the message you want to convey?
- Did you keep the promises you made to customers this year?
- Were you able to earn an emotional anchor that keeps your clients coming back?
- Is your salon brand message still accurate? i.e., WHY are you passionate about what you do, WHY should customers laugh with you … Cry with you? and WHY should they think that what your salon brand does is special?
- Review your marketing materials (brochures, graphics, prices, etc.). Are they still on brand? Do they need a 2017 makeover?
Thinking about a salon rebrand? Read this article to get more information on the matter.
Social Media, SMS & Email Promotions
- Which social media channels did you use last year? Could you expand to one more this year, for instance, Snapchat?
- Did you use SMS marketing to promote salon offers?
- Was email marketing a strategy you used regularly in the last 12 months?
- Across all your salon marketing efforts, what worked? What didn’t?
- Why did it not work? What could/would you do differently?
Customer Service & Online Reputation
- What do your customers think about your salon?
- How do your treatments and services compare to other local businesses?
- Do you know what clients are saying about you online? Did you get back to unhappy customers?
- Did you offer enough training to your staff team?
- Do you have a proper client journey and salon procedure manual in place to guide your employees and manager’s work?
- What could you do to offer an even better customer service?
Learn how to take control of how clients treat, react and rate your business online. Click here to watch the Phorest Academy’s Online Reputation Masterclass!
Client Retention & Loyalty Programs
- Did you have a loyalty program in your salon last year? How well did it work and what can you do to improve it?
- How well do you retain new clients?
- Did you create a client retention target?
- Do you know who your top referral clients are? Have you perhaps said ‘thank you’ to them?
- Do you offer to pre-book every client?
- Do your staff members take notes on your clients’ needs, concerns, preferred products, etc?
- Phorest Clients: Did you use the Client Retention feature last year?
To learn how to be fully booked thanks to client retention, watch the Phorest Academy’s Client Retention Webinar.
- Did your salon meet its 2016 financial goals?
- Did most of your revenue come from new or existing clients?
- Which services or treatments are most profitable?
- Did you hit your retail targets in the past 12 months?
- Do your prices need to be increased?
- Do you have a successful commission strategy in your salon?
- Does your marketing budget need readjustments?
Learning From Last Year’s Salon Marketing Efforts
What about your own marketing skills? Do you feel up to the task or are you feeling quite overwhelmed by it all? As tempting as it is to skip auto-evaluating 12 months of salon marketing efforts, don’t!
Giving yourself honest answers to the questions listed in this blog will give you the insights you need to focus on what needs improvement this year. The next step is to decide concrete, achievable goals and resolutions!
Thanks for reading!