With the novel coronavirus’ spread to all 50 states in the United States, more and more states are announcing “stay at home” orders and forcing salons and spas to close along with various other deemed “non-essential” businesses. If this is the case in your state, you’ve likely to taken care of the essentials such as unplugging all non-essential electric and electronic equipment, turning off heat controls and necessary plumbing, removed valuables from your salon, setting alarms and timed security lights, the immediate business administration of your operations might still require your attention.
Safely and securely closing your business
Make sure you don’t forget anything with this checklist and follow us on Instagram at @phorest.northamerica for daily support updates, free online social media templates and our bespoke guided meditations to help you through this difficult time.
What to expect from this quick guide:
- A list of business administration actions to get on top of
- Checklist for ensuring your salon is safely closed
- Things you can do to help your business during the lockdown
If you’re a Phorest Salon Software Client
You can follow our step-by-step instructions on how to implement actions required within your Phorest system. As well as that, you can access the Phorest Academy “COVID-19 – Don’t Be Scared, Be Prepared!” webinar recording, for free and on-demand.
For further help planning a business strategy while closed, Phorest clients can get in touch with their business advisor at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Other salon & spa COVID-19 resources
Businesses who continue to invest in their marketing and education during these challenging times will be in a better position to return. Visit www.phorest.com/c19 to access plenty of resources available on how to navigate the coronavirus crisis and make money while your salon is closed.
Phorest Academy webinars
- Register for Gloria Murray’s “How To Manage Your Salon Cashflow During COVID-19” webinar here
- Watch Jamie Dana’s “To Post or Not to Post: Why Your Instagram Strategy is Still Important” webinar on-demand here
- Watch Nina Tulio’s “Fact vs Fear” webinar on-demand here
- Watch Jay Williams’ “There is no Failure. Only Feedback” webinar on-demand here
- Watch Angela Anderson’s “Gain New Clients from Social Media” webinar on demand-here
- Watch Caroline McEnery’s “Salon HR Advice For Managing COVID-19 On-Demand” webinar on-demand here
Phorest FM, The Salon Owner’s Podcast
- Episode 156, Millie Kendall MBE On Future-Proofing Your Brand Through Reputation, Education & Innovation
- Episode 157, Joe Bolger On Employment Law Tips For Getting Salons Through The COVID-19 Crisis
Phorest Blog articles
- Coronavirus Cancellations: Don’t Panic, Just Do This Instead
- Navigating The Uncertainty Caused By COVID-19
- Together, But Apart: Staying Connected With Salon Clients Through A Crisis
- Stimulating Salon Income In A Time Of Social Distancing
Subscribe to the newsletter and get the Phorest FM podcast episodes delivered straight to your inbox, every week!
Thanks for reading! #LetsGrow