June, the sixth month of the year – already! Holiday preparation is starting, festivals are about to kick off, and by the end of the month… school’s out! And of course, you can’t forget to pencil in Father’s Day! To make the most out of this month, it’s crucial you prepare in advance. With this in mind, we’ve put together some low-budget and simple June salon marketing ideas to help you keep a steady flow of customers coming through your doors.
Simple June Salon Marketing Ideas To Keep Customers Coming Back
Global Day Of Parents | June 1st, 2017
Pamper Packages For Two: The most cost-effective marketing idea. It’s all about adding value and creating an experience for your clients to enjoy! Don’t forget to get the word out by email, SMS and on social media!
Donut Day | June 2nd, 2017
On Social Media
Brand Cross-Promotion: You probably have a local donut shop near your salon right? You could team up with the company and run a competition on Facebook or Instagram for a voucher for Donuts + a Special Sun Retail Pack. It’s a win-win for everyone: you collect emails and get new clients, the donut shop gets brand awareness and new customers, and the client who wins, well, WINS!
On Your Salon’s Premises
‘A Donut With That?’: Another fun thing you could do is to treat clients to a surprise sweet along with their appointment. Advertise it on social media, and you’re good to go!
Father’s Day | June 18th, 2017
* Whatever you choose to do for Father’s Day, keep in mind your target audience is actually women – they’re buying the gifts. 😉
On Your Salon’s Premises
Retail Packages: Solves busy-moms gift buying headaches. Create male grooming kits of different values and promote these both in your salon and by email or SMS.
On Social Media
Photo Competitions: They can be on various themes, but for instance, you could decide to run a ‘like father, like son’ photo contest on Facebook or Instagram. Ask clients to submit photos on your salon’s page/profile, and once you’ve collected enough, the photo with the most likes wins! Prizes can include a voucher, a retail package, or, if you decide to team up with other businesses, perhaps you could donate a golf lesson, personal training sessions at the gym, sporting event tickets, etc.
SMS & Email Marketing
Gift Guide: It’s a thing. Most people find it really hard to find the perfect gift for Dad. If you have a salon blog, a great post idea would be to create a gift guide including your salon or spa packages and retail products. Like Marketing Team Lead Connor Keppel has said about gift guides in the past, “you’re providing value for your clients without saying buy this, buy that, etc. and it will keep them coming back to your page for a few days”. And even if you don’t have a blog, you can still create this gift guide and send it by email to your client database!
Quotes You Can Use
- “My father gave me the greatest gift anyone could give another person, he believed in me.”
– Jim Valvano
- “By the time a man realizes that maybe his father was right, he usually has a son who thinks he’s wrong.”
– Charles Wadsworth
- “There is nothing that moves a loving father’s soul quite like his child’s cry.”
– Joni Eareckson Tada
- “The greatest mark of a father is how he treats his children when no one is looking.”
– Dan Pearce
- “The most important thing in the world is family and love.”
– John Wooden
- “This is the price you pay for having a great father. You get the wonder, the joy, the tender moments – and you get the tears at the end, too.”
– Harlan Coben
- “Sometimes the poorest man leaves his children the richest inheritance.”
– Ruth E. Renkel
June means school’s out. And we all know that that’s the exact time of year when families start planning or going away on holidays. Here are some simple June salon marketing ideas to counter that. Think about what clients (potential or regular) really need for summer and create packages (don’t discount!) to ensure you keep them coming back, even if it’s just before they fly out for another summer vacay!
Simple June Salon Marketing Ideas For Summer
- Hair: think about easy-to-manage haircuts, highlights, the classic sun-kissed look, anti-frizz products, conditioning treatments to help beat the heat, etc.
- Skincare: perhaps promote cool and soothing facials, products with SPF, body scrubs, etc.
- Waxing: combine different waxing offers for the bikini and short season.
- Nails: sandal season means renewal pedicures, shape and polish pedicures, peels and cuticle work, etc.
- Tanning: the goal here is perhaps to get a client to commit to x amount of tanning sessions to maintain the shade.
Think outside the box and again, don’t discount! Instead, add value by creating packages.
Related | 7 Ways To Help Your Clients Spend More… More Often!
Find ready-to-use graphics in the June marketing toolkit (download at the end of this post) to help you get started with your promotions!
The Month Of Rebooking: Make It Easier To Plan Ahead
If you’re not careful, June can quickly become a ‘gappy’ month. Why not use June as an excuse to, as a team, focus on rebooking clients? In fact, rebooking works best when you don’t leave it all up to the front desk to do the job! As a stylist or therapist, you’re the expert. Educating your clients from the initial consultation to the time they leave the is your responsibility and will only make it easier to rebook your client!
Related | 25 Reasons That Will Make You Value Rebooking Clients
Top 3 Tips To Keep In Mind
- Be mindful of the language you use when asking for the rebooking.
- Try not to use a yes/no question, get them to talk.
- Suggest a time frame for your clients. For example: ‘For best results, it would be best if you came back in 6 weeks time.’
Let us know how these simple June salon marketing ideas work out for you! I bet you’ll be surprised by the results. It’s amazing what you can achieve when everyone works towards a shared goal!
Not a Phorest client, but loving these June Salon Marketing Ideas? Request a demo of our software today and see how Phorest Salon Software can help you get your clients in back more often, spending more!
Thanks for reading,