One of the most important (and fun) steps when starting your own business is brainstorming and finding a unique salon name that represents you well. Let’s be honest: it can be hard. But I assure you that your salon name can break you or make you. Standing out within the hair and beauty industry is challenging nowadays!
That being said, we have come across some absolutely spectacular salon names over the past few years. Names that are both memorable & clever.
We have also come across names that have been so jaw-droppingly absurd (or awkward), it’s to wonder how they even managed to get their doors open at all. So here you have it: our ultimate list of good, bad & absurd (mostly absurd) salon names!
Thoughts? I know, there are some pretty naughty salon names in there, right? …And some names that clearly got lost in translation too!
I understand that some may say that even the most absurd salon names have a little something memorable to them, in the end actually helping market the business to more people in the area. But do you really want to go down that road and lesser all your hard work for such a cheap and naughty pun?
Truth is, it’s not for us to say. For all we know, some of these businesses could be a real hit in their area! If you are reading this, and you actually own one of the salons in this slideshare, we have one question for you: do you currently have salon software? 🙂
Hope you guys enjoyed!
7-Point Checklist: Choosing A Good Salon Name
- Appearance: Looks are important, think about where your salon name is going to be! How does it look?
- Sound: Ask yourself if your salon name is easy to pronounce and if potential clients of yours would be able to remember it easily?
- Relevance: Make sure what you picked out for your salon name is relevant to your services… Don’t be too specific either, like “Wax On, Wax Off” for example as clients might think you only offer waxing services.
- Depth: Are there double meanings to your name? Are they meant to be existent? You don’t want to end up with a “lost in translation” kind of double meaning…
- Emotion: What emotions does your salon name convey? Put yourself into your customers’ shoes and ask yourself if the name would drive you in or away. Test your name in your entourage, see how people react to it.
- WOW factor: This is all about making sure your name stands out of the crowd – but for the good reasons!
- Domain Availability: Truth is, you are going to need a website, hence a domain name. Let’s just put it this way: it makes life easier if you can use your salon’s name as your domain name (however not essential).
What’s The Best Or Worst Salon Name You’ve Seen
If you have seen an absurd salon name that’s not in our list, we’d love to hear about it! Let us know in the comments section below or drop us a Tweet @ThePhorestWord.
Thanks for reading!