As a business owner, moving to a new salon software provider can be an exciting time. You want to see your business grow, and are confident that making the switch is another stepping stone towards reaching your goals. More than just a software company, Phorest Salon Software is, and has always also been a caring team dedicated to your business growth.
- Onboarding: Whether you’re coming from pen and paper or another system entirely, our team ensures the seamless transition of your salon’s information and data over to Phorest.
- Virtual instructor-led training (VILT): Learning a new system can be tricky and take time. Our free online training sessions are hosted by industry expert trainers who have been in your shoes before and understand your challenges. Each session is designed to ensure you maximise every feature you’ve signed up for and will always be available to you and your team.
- Support: Our support team is there to help solve all your problems. Also under the support umbrella is the Phorest Help Desk, which contains a library of how-to articles to quickly get you the answers you need.
Of course, adopting a new system also means committing time aside to learn how to utilise it best. This is why any salon joining the Phorest family has always had unlimited access to training.
Moving with the times, a natural progression of Phorest training
Although we offer loads of great training now and pride ourselves on ensuring the education we offer is designed to help salons using Phorest grow their business — Live trainers, webinars and online support — we’ve always been fuelled by a burning desire to make the training we deliver second to none, which is why we have invested in the latest tools to make the system’s training bigger and better!
Finding out what exactly salon owners needed from training was the first step for understanding the direction in which our training delivery needed to evolve. This, of course, meant heading back to the drawing board, getting in touch with our focus group of salons and identifying what challenges they wanted our training to overcome.
What did we discover? Simple: that being salon professionals are busy, they need training that can be done online, on-demand and on-the-go.
Phorest Academy: your one-stop education shop designed for busy salon professionals
Learning a new system can be tricky and take time. Getting up to speed with new systems should blend seamlessly into your day-to-day activities — allowing you to learn what you need when you need it.
The benefits of online, on-demand and on-the-go training for all salons
- Phorest Academy entails of short, interactive and feature-specific courses covering your Phorest essentials.
- Quickly get your team and business up to speed with using Phorest Salon Software.
- Learn when you are ready: Phorest Academy offers online and on-demand training to blend into your daily schedule seamlessly.
- Don’t get left behind; keep your business thriving with our regularly added and up-to-date Phorest ‘best practice’ courses.
- The more you know, the more you grow! Scale your business with our bite-sized feature specific courses.
- Learn from anywhere, at any time: access the Academy straight from your Phorest system, your email or the downloadable app.
- Interactive practice systems: great for getting new staff up to speed and confident, each course offers practice scenarios in a safe Phorest environment.
- The more you learn, the more you earn! Gain points, badges and certificates for every course you complete.
Where to start with Phorest Academy
To ensure all Phorest Academy courses would meet demands, we created several ‘series’ that make using each section of Phorest easy whether you’re a seasoned user or not.
Let’s take, for example, the very first series anyone entirely new to using Phorest should start with: ‘Get started with Phorest’ series. In this case, the series is composed of seven bitesize courses ranging from ‘Using the Phorest appointment screen’, right through to doing an ‘End of day cash up’ in the system.
No matter the specifics of your situation in the salon:
- All of your staff needs to learn all of the system
- None of your staff needs to do an end of day cash up, or
- Most of your staff are only required to book and edit appointments
There’s a way to make it work for you… and for your business!
The beauty of Phorest Academy is that at any given time, your team only needs to complete the areas that are specific to them, and they can repeat the series and courses as often as they like, free of charge. As their responsibilities change and grow in your salon, they can jump back into the Academy and enrol into more in-depth courses.
What Maria Isaac, Salon Director of Annastasia Salon had to say about Phorest Academy
“Phorest Academy has been such a saving grace for our salon company and our switch between programs! Having a large amount of staff on our team makes things difficult for such a large change, Phorest Academy made it simple for our service providers to be able to learn about our new system even when they aren’t at work! They were able to learn about the new system from anywhere, and they were able to rewatch things when they didn’t catch on the first time.”
To get more information on Phorest Academy, email firstname.lastname@example.org, and someone from the Education team will be happy to help! Got feedback? Let us know either in the comments below or tweet us @ThePhorestWord! (Pssst! We’re on Instagram too!)
Thanks for reading! #Togetherwegrow