It’s that time of the year again, Halloween is knocking at our doors! Have you started carving pumpkins recently? If you have not yet planned a few things in order to get more clients in at the end of the month, that’s okay. We’ve made things simple for you: we gathered ideas from all the previous Halloween posts we made and present you the top ones in this ultimate last-minute salon Halloween Guide.
So what’s it going to be? Halloween posters? An SMS campaign? Giveaway treats? Whichever strategy you choose, engage and entertain your clients while inspiring them to book their next appointment.
Eleventh-Hour Salon Halloween Guide
Social Media: Posters, Cover Photos & Giveaways
It goes without saying that any kind of visual marketing works really well around Halloween. Why not whip together a new them-inspired Facebook cover photo or poster?
For some tips & tricks on how to choose the perfect images for your visual campaign, have a look at our golden rules to success. Or, simply right-click, save and use these images below (they were part of our October Marketing Ideas Toolkit).
You could also organise a contest or a giveaway like Phorest’s Head of Marketing suggests in this article! Start by posting some amazing Instagram content showing off your skills, take for example these MUA artists’ accounts & then asks for the public’s best Halloween costumes, hair or makeup looks! That’s one day of doing it, there are many ways to build hype on social media:
– Treats at reception: for those with a sweet tooth
– Instagram competition with a special hashtag: build engagement on your profile
– Best costume Snapchat competition: build brand awareness by making yourself seem more accessible
– Best pumpkin carving competition on Facebook: ask for people to vote for their favorite pumpkin with a like, winner gets a free treatment
If last-minute email campaigns don’t fit in your schedule, sending an SMS campaign to your clients is the perfect alternative. Tailor your messages to clients you know might be available mid-morning (think housewives teachers, students, etc)…! Personable and proven to work, why not add a little Halloween feel to your text!
Below are a few ready-to-go templates if you’re reaaaally running out of time.
- Hi <<clientname>>, Frightfully amazing offers! Get scream-tastic nails @salonname for ONLY €/£/$20! Offer valid before 31/10! Book online here <your link>.
- Hi <<clientname>>, It’s Trick or Treat @salonname! Book in for 2 treatments or more before Halloween and get a FREE goodie bag of products! Book here <your link>.
Also, if you are currently a Phorest client, did you know that our software allows you to filter SMS’, enabling you to send specific texts to your most loyal clients?
Increase Loyalty: Trick Or TreatCard
Ask your existing clients to introduce one of their friends to your salon, then reward them with special Halloween Treat Points for their next treatment. It’s a win-win; they get more points and you get a new client!
Have you attended our Instagram webinar yet? Why not test the app out for Halloween? Don’t be afraid to be impulsive and goofy… & send us your best Halloween photos @phorestsalonsoftware!
Thanks for reading,