Email marketing is still considered one of the very best ways to engage and attract clients while also informing them of the latest deals, news & happenings of your salon. But for them to get that information, you’re going to need them to open up the email, right? The question is, what should you say in your salon email subject line to make them open the said email?
Listen to the audio version of this blog, and subscribe to the Phorest Blog Podcast here:
What Do All Compelling Salon Email Subject Lines Have In Common?
A subject line is essentially your email campaign’s “Hello.” Think of it like this – it’s the same as a pick-up line at a bar. You need to tease what’s inside your email, entice the client into wanting to find out more, and follow up on their expectations by ensuring you’re not click-baiting them with unrelated content.
Before we get into what you could use for Easter, let’s first look at what all good email subject lines have in common:
- They contain words that increase opens and avoid words that decrease opens (see CoSchedule’s list here)
- They are written in title case (Data Suggests This Will Get The Most Opens)
- They include a (digit) number
- Subject lines that are 17-24 characters long tend to perform best
- They include an emoji
- The word count is around 3-5
Salon Email Subject Line Examples
For Special Offers:
- Your Favorite Packages Are Back!
- 3 Tips To Look Magnificent This Week 💄
- 5 Treatments We Love This Month
Salon Open House or Special Event:
- You’re Invited! Product Launch Party at [Salon Name] 😉
- Shhh… VIP Night At Bliss!
- [Salon Name’s] April Monthly Round-Up
- You Won’t Believe What’s Happening At [Salon Name] This Month
- Exclusive[Salon Name] Subscriber News And Deals
A diverse range of salon email subject lines can help get your audience to click through to the message contained within. These subject lines can be created and stored in Phorest’s marketing suite, where email marketing is made easier and subject lines can be viewed and customised quickly.
But what about for Easter? We weren’t going to leave you without any ideas…
Download our 12 Easter Subject Line ideas here for free!
Related | Salon Marketing Opportunities To Avail Of This Coming March
Testing Your Subject Lines
It’s hard to know what will work and what won’t. Often, marketers A/B test their subject lines. However, if you don’t necessarily want (or have the time) to get into that, recently, CoSchedule announced their newly released Email Subject Line Tester and I have to say, it’s pretty great! In a nutshell, the tool grades your subject line based on a few characteristics and identifies areas where you can improve on to help increase your opens.
To use this tool:
- Go to https://coschedule.com/email-subject-line-tester
- Type your subject line in the box.
- Click “Score My Subject Line”.
- Check out your results.
- Tweak your subject line based on your results and try to get a better score.
Looking for tips on email marketing in general? Tune into episode 26 of Phorest FM with Phil Jackson, award-winning salon owner, industry mentor, speaker and author of The Hairy Book of Email to get some insight on using email marketing in the hair, beauty and spa industry:
Got feedback? Let us know either in the comments below or tweet us @ThePhorestWord! (Pssst! We’re on Instagram too!) And for SMS templates you can use this Easter weekend, click here!
Thanks for reading! #LetsGrow