Have you ever googled a business during a bank holiday or even Christmas for instance, only to see that their listing says ‘hours may differ’? You then have to either pick up the phone, visit their website or their Facebook page – or sometimes all of these options! – to find out if they’re open or not. Frustrating, right? Well, for days when your salon or spa has an irregular schedule – say, for instance, salon holiday opening hours- you have to update your Google listing, or you too will end up displaying that annoying ‘hours may differ’ message.
Don’t worry! It’s not all that difficult; especially not with a high-quality online salon scheduling system and our step-by-step guide! However, first and foremost, you’ll need to have claimed your business on Google to be able to do so. To learn how to do this, download our free Online Reputation Management eBook in which you will get another step-by-step guide on how to claim your salon/spa.
Editing Your Business Listing To Set Salon Holiday Opening Hours
If you’ve made it here, it means you have previously claimed your business on Google, have a Google My Business account, and are ready to schedule your special hours. By scheduling these opening hours, your regular hours remain in place for all the other days – very important!
Note: Special hours can only be entered if you’ve already provided regular hours.
Step-By-Step Guide (as seen on Google My Business Help)
- Sign in to your Google My Business account.
- To schedule salon holiday opening hours for your one and only location:
- From card view, choose your business, and click ‘Manage location’.
- Click ‘Info’ from the menu on the left side of the page.
For multiple salon/spa branches:
- From list view, select the locations you’d like to set special hours for.
- Click the pencil icon (top-right corner).
- Click the ‘Special hours’ section.
- In the ‘Select date’ field, type in the date when your salon/spa holiday opening hours should be in effect.
- Enter the opening and closing times for the first day and click ‘Add new date’ to add more days with special hours.
- When you’re done, click ‘Apply.’
Spread The News!
Surely you’re not just on Google… You probably have a website, a Facebook page, an Instagram account, perhaps even a Twitter and Snapchat account! While setting your salon holiday opening hours on Google is a great first step, don’t forget to do the same – or at least notify your clients – on your other marketing platforms!
- In your Phorest Salon Software (click here to learn how)
- Facebook & Instagram (perhaps simply do an announcement or post the hours in an image you’ll use as a cover photo/post for your account during that period)
- Website (make sure you put up your special hours on the homepage)
- Email Newsletter (spread the news through an email newsletter with holiday specials)
Related | Unique Salon Opening Hours Signs
On this note, happy (upcoming) Halloween! Thanks for reading!