Last weekend, Phorest Salon Software had the immense pleasure of co-sponsoring and attending Modern Salon’s Artist Session ‘Influencer Series.’ Along with 16 hand-picked artists and influencers, a few R+Co and Great Lengths USA artists and brand representatives were also present at the conveniently located Collective Plus space to support and help create fantastic looks on the Monday – or day 2 of the event.
Collective Plus Welcomes 16 Talented & Successful Artists For Modern Salon’s Artist Session ‘Influencer Series’
The question that you’re probably dying to ask: “Who were the invited artists?” Good question.
Hand-picked by the Modern Salon team were invited (in no particular order):
- Sydney Ann Lopez (@sydneyannlopezhair)
- Antonio Estrada (@antestradahair)
- Heidi Marie Garrett (@heidimariegarrett)
- Holly Decastri (@hollydecastri)
- Katie Deluca (@hairbykatied)
- Ricardo Santiago (@stylistricardosantiago)
- Jessica Scott (@jessicascotthair)
- Detra Smith (@detrashalee)
- Alexa Grace (@ay_grace)
- Shelley Gregory (@shelleygregoryhair)
- Jennifer Lopiccolo (@jenniferlopiccolo_hair)
- Alison Valsamis (@braidedandblonde)
- Alexandra Wilson (@alexandralee1016)
- Christopher Aaron (@christopheraaronstudio)
- Saretta Bowerman (@hairbysaretta)
- Nora Dababneh (@noradababneh)
The idea was to bring creatives together, get them to share their knowledge with each other, exchange, build friendships and ultimately create an editorial type look on the second day (once everyone was paired up). This meant working on a concept, picking colours and styles, finding a model, preparing the said model for the Monday, creating the look and ultimately working the camera. Needless to say, it was an intense, but gratifying and creative weekend.
Behind-The-Scenes Photos From The Event
Top 5 Insights From Last Weekend’s Artist Session, Influencer Series
I can only speak for myself, but I’ve taken away a lot from this weekend. Below are my top 5 insights. In the coming weeks, I’ll write a 60-second read post about every one of them. Keep an eye out for these – they literally take 60 seconds to read!
- The world is full of opportunities. Take them when they come and make the most out of them. Have the guts to go and do.
- Share your work.
- Stay real, and more importantly, stay humble.
- Source inspiration from everyone around you, regardless of how long they’ve been in the industry for.
- Keep your mind open and keep learning from the amazing people that surround you. You might not always know people personally (many of these influencers only knew each other from Instagram before this event), but social media is a great place to get inspired. Don’t hesitate to reach out and exchange. You’ll only grow from it.
Information About Modern Salon’s Next Artist Session
Who Is This Session For?
“ARTIST SESSION is for any licensed salon professional looking to learn HOW to do a photo shoot, how to maximize those photographs and most importantly, how to UP YOUR PROFILE via freelance work. While many who attend have done photo work before, this is a perfect session for the first time artist comfortable with his or her ability to style hair.” (via Modern Salon)
When/Where Is the Next Session?
October 15-16, 2018 in New York City
How Many can Attend?
The full workshop (Day 1 and Day 2) is open to a maximum of 7 attendees. Day 1 ONLY is open to 25 attendees.
What To Expect:
Great speakers. Tips and tricks on how to find a model or an agent, how to up your profile via public relations, how to get the most out of a photo session, how to work with the photographer and other professionals at a photo shoot, what to expect at a photo session and much, much more!
For more information & prices, or to register, visit Modern Salon’s website.
Thanks for reading! #LetsGrow